1. India has signed how much amount of loan agreement with the World Bank for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery”?
[A] 39.5 million [B] 39.7 million
[C] 39.2 million [D] 39.4 million
Correct Answer: C [$39.2 million]
2. The Assam government has recently signed MoU with which country for skilling state’s youth?
[C] United Kingdom
Correct Answer: A [Singapore ]
The Assam government has recently signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and Terms of Reference (ToR) with Singapore for skilling over 78,000 rural youths in the state by 2019 and greening Guwahati. The MoU and ToR for setting up the North East Skills Centre (NESC) was signed between Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department of Assam government and ITE Education Service of Singapore. The NESC will train up to 400 students each year. The MoU for Guwahati city’s greening was inked between the Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority and Singapore Corporation Enterprise
3. What is the correct chronological order of creation of Assam, Nagaland, Goa & Mizoram?
[A] Assam, Nagaland, Goa , Mizoram
[B] Assam, Mizoram, Nagaland,. Goa
[C] Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Goa
[D] Assam, Goa, Mizoram, Nagaland
Correct Answer: C [Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Goa ]
4. The Assam Reorganization act 1969 created which of the following State / states?
[A] Meghalya only
[B] Meghalaya & Mizoram
[C] Mizoram only
[D] Arunanchal Pradesh only
Correct Answer: A [Meghalya only]
The Assam Reorganization (Meghalaya) act 1969 was enacted to establish an autonomous state of Meghalaya within the State of Assam and to make special provisions with respect to application of laws in the state of Meghalaya.
5. The Assam Government has signed MoU with which cab company for a pilot project of app-based river taxi services in Guwahati?
Correct Answer: A [Ola ]
The Government of Assam has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with cab-hailing company Ola for a pilot project of app-based river taxi services in Guwahati. This MoU was signed during the ongoing Global Investors Summit: Advantage Assam. According to the MOU, bringing water taxis on the online platform will strengthen the transportation ecosystem. The river taxi will be a machine-operated boat, a faster and safer mode of travel than its conventional alternatives. Ola will pilot high-speed taxis on the Lachit Ghat, Machkhowa to North Guwahati route, bringing the commute time down to 2-5 minutes from 45 minutes by road.
6. Barak valley in Assam is famous for which among the following?
[A] Petroleum Production
[B] Tea Cultivation
[C] Bamboo Industry
[D] Cottage Industries
Correct Answer: B [Tea Cultivation]
7. The Assam government will observe ‘Rhino Day’ on which date to generate public awareness on protection of the one-horned pachyderm?
[A] September 21
[B] September 22
[C] September 23
[D] September 24
Correct Answer: B [September 22]
The Assam government will observe September 22 as ‘Rhino Day’ to generate public awareness on protection of the one-horned pachyderm. It was officially declared at the 10th meeting of the State Board for Wildlife, which was chaired by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal. The day will be exclusively dedicated to the approximately 2,500 rhino population in the state would be a tribute to the rhinoceros, which are the “pride of Assam”. The state government will soon launch the State Rhino Project in line with National Rhino Project in Assam for protecting the pachyderms from threats of poaching.
8. Which Assamese film bagged the best movie award at the 3rd Love International Film Festival 2018 in Los Angeles?
[A] Amazon Obhijaan
[B] Xhoihobote Dhemalite
Correct Answer: B [Xhoihobote Dhemalite]
Assamese film “Xhoihobote Dhemalite” (“Rainbow Fields”) has bagged three top awards at the 3rd Love International Film Festival in Los Angeles. Besides the best movie, it also won the awards for best actress (Dipannita Sharma) and best music (Anurag Saikia) at the festival. The film, which is directed by Bidyut Kotoky, deals with the sensitive issue of children of Assam growing up in violent times and witnessing brutality around them. Based on true events, the film also features seasoned actors like Victor Banerjee, Nakul Vaid, Naved Aslam, Nipon Goswami and Nikumoni Barua. More than 150 films from 36 countries were screened during the festival.
9. Identify the tribe of India with the help of given information:
- They are of Matrilineal descent and use matrilocal residence
- They were known as Lalungs in the Assamese Buranjis, Colonial literature and in the Constitution of India
- The tribe has been frequently in news for practising jhuming or shifting cultivation
Select the correct answer from options given below:
[D] Dongria Kondh
Correct Answer: A [ Tiwa]
The above given information is for Tiwa tribe of Assam which has been frequently in news for practising Jhum cultivation.
10. Consider the following languages:
Which of the above are recognized as classical languages of India?
[A] 1 & 2 Only
[B] 2 & 3 Only
[C] 1 & 3 Only
[D] 1, 2 & 3
Correct Answer: A [ 1 & 2 Only]
The classical languages of India are: Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Odia & Telugu