Before we start General Knowledge question and answer On Assam, Do you know how many states does Assam shares its border with?
yes, the answer is seven (7), Assam shares its border with 7 Indian states.
It is the second state in India that is connected with several states after Uttar Pradesh that shares its border with nine 9 states.
Assam is a state in Northeast India popularly known for its Assam Tea and Assam Silk.
In this article, we will (Stadygk.com) provide Assam’s History, Geography, Demographics, Culture, Economy, Some Politics, and many more. Read all the General Knowledge Questions On Assam to learn about the interesting facts about this Indian State.
General Knowledge On Assam
1. What is the total Area of Assam?
2. Name the states that Assam shares its border?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
7) West Bengal
3. What Rank does Assam hold by its Area comparing other states in India?
Answer: 16 (2.38 % of the National Share)
4. Which country can you compare with Assam with its land area?
5. How many Districts does Assam have?
6. How many Sub-Divisions does Assam have?
7. What is the capital of Assam?
8. Which is the Largest city of Assam?
9. The Largest city in Northeast India?
Answer: Guwahati (Area: 328 km²)
10. When did Assam get its Statehood?
Answer: 26 January 1950
Related – Mixed gk Question And Answer
11. Official Language of Assam?
12. Where is Assam Legislative Assembly?
13. How many constituencies does Assam have in its Legislative Assembly?
14. How many Assembly Seats are reserved for ST?
15. How many Assembly Seats are reserved for SC?
16. Which city is called the Gateway to Northeast?
17. Popular Singers in Assam?
Answer: Zubeen Garg, Papon, Deeplina Deka, Vreegu Kashyap, etc
18. Which state is north of Assam?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
19. Which states are south of Assam?
Answer: Meghalaya, Tripura, and Mizoram
20. Which state is West of Assam?
Answer: West Bengal
21. Which states are East of Assam?
Answer: Nagaland and Manipur
22. Which countries does Assam share its border with?
Answer: Bhutan And Bangladesh
23. The Only IIT in Northeast India?
Answer: IIT Guwahati (Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati)
24. What is the name of the State Song of Assam?
Answer: O Mur Apunar Desh
25. Where is Barak Valley Plain?
Answer: Southern Region of Assam
26. Where is Kaziranga National Park Located?
Answer: Kanchanjuri (Assam)
27. Who is the Chief Minister of Assam?
Answer: Himanta Biswa Sarma
28. When did Sarbananda Sonowal become Chief Minister?
29. Who is the Health Minister of Assam?
Answer: Keshab Mahanta
30. Which Indian state is the largest tea producer in India?
Related – Statick gk on asam
31. What was the capital of Assam during the British Raj?
32. Which is the Oldest Oil refinery in India?
Answer: Digboi (Assam)
33. First Oil Well in Asia?
34. What is the name of the Folk dance of Assam?
35. Which Northeast State has the highest number of District Divisions?
36. UNESCO World Heritage Sites found in Assam?
1) Kaziranga National Park: Golaghat and Nagaon districts (Assam)
2) Manas National Park: Barpeta district (Assam)
37. Most populated state in Northeast India?
38. Where is the Birthplace of Famous Tv Anchor Arnab Goswami?
Answer: Guwahati (Assam)
39. The longest bridge in India?
Answer: Dhola Sadiya Bridge (9.15 Km, Assam)
40. Which is the Oil City of Assam?
41. Highest Dam in Assam?
Answer: Subansiri Dam (130 m)
42. Asia’s oldest Amphitheater?
Answer: Rang Ghar (Assam)
43. How many Airports are in Assam?
Answer: 6 (Six)
44. List of All Airports in Assam?
1) Dibrugarh Airport
2) Jorhat Airport
3) Lilabari Airport
4) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
5) Silchar Airport
6) Tezpur Airport
45. Which is the only International Airport in India?
Answer: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport (Guwahati)
46. Which state in the Northeast has the Maximum number of Commercial Airports?
47. Who is Gopinath Bordoloi mentioned in Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport?
Answer: Former Chief Minister of Assam (1st)
48. State Symbols Of Assam?
1) Animal: Indian rhinoceros
2) Bird: White-winged duck
3) Flower: Foxtail orchid
4) Tree: Hollong
49. List Of National Parks in Assam?
1) Dibru-Saikhowa National Park
2) Kaziranga National Park
3) Manas National Park
4) Nameri National Park
5) Orang National Park
6) Raimona National Park
7) Dehing Patkai National Park
50. The Density of Assam?